Sunday, May 22, 2011

Art Gallery

My favorite place to go over the summer is the National Gallery of Ottawa. I go once or twice every year, I try to go around the time of the tulip festival where there are tulips planted everywhere and it is so beautiful. It's located in Ottawa, Ontario (the capital of Ontario), where it is so beautiful there. I love the old parliament buildings and old churches that are there. The gallery is great, they have different exhibits each year of different artists works, but they do have exhibits that are there year round. My favorite piece of art is this one:


The name of this piece is Maman made by Louise Bourgeois. It's actualy very large, 30 feet to be exact, made out of bronze. In her belly(or sack) is 20 pure marble eggs. The word Maman is french for "mother," obviously giving the spider eggs makes it a mother. It's simply magnificant to stand underneath, it just towers over you! I advise any who get the chance to go to the National Art Gallery of Canada to take it and see this statue. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment